Short Story Competition 2021
Calling All Writers.
After a year’s pandemic break, those wintry words are coming around again. Time to hit those keyboards as the Words in Winter writers’ festival, Daylesford, announces its short story competition, this year entitled ‘The Stranger’.
Stories must be original and unpublished, with a limit of 1000 words, but no limit to the imagination. The entry fee is $20, with the winner receiving $500.
Entries must be submitted by 6 September, 2021.
The winner will be announced at the festival wrap-up on Sunday, 22 August, with the winning entry to be published in the Daylesford Local newspaper.
Entry Fee – $20
Submission Deadline – 6 September 2021
Winner Announced – Sunday 26 September 2021 (During Words in Winter Festival)
Entry conditions –
- Stories must be unpublished (including online) and not under consideration by other publishers.
- Stories that have won or are under consideration in other competitions are not eligible.
- Entrants must be citizens of Australia or have permanent resident status in Australia.
- Submissions will be processed electronically. Stories should be formatted at 1.5 line spacing, have a minimum of 12 point font size and be written in English.
- Entries will be anonymous when judged. Please make sure your name doesn’t appear in the body of the story, only in the section provided.
- Multiple entries are acceptable, although each must be entered into the submission system separately and accompanied by the fee.
- The judges decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.