Short Story Competition
We are delighted to announce that distinguished author Cate Kennedy will be the judge, and the winning story will be read to an audience at the Words in Winter Festival.
Submission Deadline – 15 July 2018
Winner Announced – Sunday 26 August (During Words in Winter Festival)
Entry conditions –
- Stories must be unpublished (including online) and not under consideration by other publishers.
- Stories that have won or are under consideration in other competitions are not eligible.
- Entrants must be citizens of Australia or have permanent resident status in Australia.
- Submissions will be processed electronically. Stories should be formatted at 1.5 line spacing and a minimum of 12 point font size.
- Entries will be anonymous when judged. Please make sure your name doesn’t appear in the body of the story, only in the section provided.
- Multiple entries are acceptable, although each must be entered into the submission system separately and accompanied by the fee.
- The judges decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.