Slow Grains: Small is Beautiful.
August 18 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Come and listen to the stories of Australia’s pioneers in artisanal, small scale baking, from growers to millers, bakers, activists and researchers. This intimate panel discussion explores the chances they are taking to change the face of baking in Australia, from soil to gut. From native grains to milling to fermentation, they are building a functional alternative to the commodity grain economy. Fighting for community health and food sovereignty, the Slow Grains community believe that small is beautiful.
* John Reid, Red Beard Bakery, Trentham VIC
* Tania and Steve Walter, Burrum Biodynamics, Marnoo VIC
* Alison, Rob and Katy from Twofold Bakehouse, Daylesford VIC
* Emily Sakeld, Small World Bakery, Langhorne Creek, SA
* Courtney and Ian Young, Woodstock Flour, Berrigan NSW
* Dr. Kate Howell, PhD, University of Melbourne
MC: Dr. Miin Chan, MBBS, BMedSc, University of Melbourne