Lyric and Verse Writing Workshop HAS BEEN CANCELLED
August 26 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- This event has passed.
UNFORTUNATELY THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
Learn new concepts, structure and planning for lyric and verse writing with Craig Dent. This workshop uses music and visual stimuli, enhances creativity, and inspires verse writing and composing song structures with innovative ideas.
The lyric and verse writing workshop focuses on:
* Avoiding cliche writing and developing innovative ideas to construct verse
* The importance of a captive opening line and verse/chorus structure
* Exploring the techniques of rhyme and rhythm in creating verse writing
* The importance of using a rhyming dictionary; drafting, peer reading and editing
* Strategies for writing at home and enjoying writing as self-expression
Youth who participate receive free entry in the Dreamfields Creative Youth Awards with winners selected for exchange to Somerset Rural Youth Project UK in partnership with Henty Machinery Field Days.
Craig Dent has a Bachelor of Teaching & Bachelor of Arts in Professional Writing. He has been funded three times by the Literature Board of the Australia Council for the Arts, and once by the Music Board. In 2016, Craig released an anthology of verse and photography, and a book commission with North East CMA.
He is Writer in Residence at Macquarie Primary, Canberra, was guest author at Clunes Booktown Festival, and was showcased by Regional Arts Australia at the Melbourne Art Book Fair 2018. He runs the Dreamfields Creative Youth Program, which includes a Creative Youth Exchange to Somerset Rural Youth Project, UK.